PHOTOGRAPHY

Electronic Art

All about that photo

Here is the home of all posts photography related, I love the science and use of high end camera gear, from my DSLR’s to my smartphone, every camera is an opportunity to capture something beautiful!

Science is often beautiful, from the plasma of an high voltage arc, to the beauty in the engineering of a spacecraft. Amazing things are to be seen everywhere around us.

I developed a passion for photography in the process of trying to share my view of the amazing scientific beauty around me. For I wanted to capture the raw feeling of wonder I experience and share it with the world.

Fallingwater

Some photos from a recent trip to this historic location!First some background on the property.Fallingwater, designed by renowned architect Frank…

Read More..

Ultraviolet light and Antique clocks

Step into the enchanting world of antique clocks where timekeeping transcends the mundane and embraces the mysterious. Have you ever…

Read More..

Focus Stacking

As a photographer working with microscopy, I often encounter the challenge of limited depth of field when capturing images of…

Read More..

Human hair up close

Capturing an incredible photo of a human hair under a microscope with the hair follicle intact was a moment of…

Read More..

Carrie Furnace 2023

Enjoy some photos from my private tour of this historic site of a once thriving blast furnace.

Read More..

Crystal under the microscope

Here is a 96 image focus stack of a phase differential image I took of a crystal with my microscope,…

Read More..

Cucumber falls

Visiting Cucumber Falls in the Ohiopyle State Park, Pennsylvania, offers a captivating journey into nature’s splendor. Cascading gracefully over layers…

Read More..

Laurel Caverns

The formation of Laurel Caverns in Pennsylvania is rooted in geological processes that span millions of years. Carved out of…

Read More..

Moon Shots

Connected my DSLR to the telescope, and got some shots of the moon! Lots to learn, but a great first…

Read More..

Sunken Quarter

The recently had this donated, it is a US quarter that was found close to the ocean, from the looks…

Read More..

Art All Night 2023

DJD Labs had some art submitted! it was a shot from the very popular Lightning striking water photo series I…

Read More..

High voltage water and fire

What happens the moment lightning strikes water? I wanted to find out, so I set about building a setup that…

Read More..

Intel 486 Under the microscope

I removed the lid from an old Intel 486 CPU and placed it under my Zeiss microscope to capture some…

Read More..

Fall Day photos

Out for some mind clearing and shot some photos of a fall day here in PA on a bike trail.

Read More..

Thanks for all the views!

Big thanks to all of you for all the views of my photos, with your help I was able to…

Read More..

CARRIE BLAST FURNACES

Photos from a recent trip to this amazing historic site.

Read More..

New Macro Lens

Picked up a used microscope level macro lens for the DSLR, it is almost a foot long! More on that…

Read More..

Mausoleum

These winder nights make for some amazing photos of old art deco buildings.

Read More..

High Voltage and Magnets

About 80,000 Volts and some magnets. The plasma makes for some interesting filimetns.

Read More..

Asian Lantern Festival

Photography is one of my passions, I love the science of light that goes into it. I often will go…

Read More..

A Walk in the park

Just took my camera for a walk in the park.

Read More..

Bee on Flower

Rare capture of two bugs on one flower, these were captured with my phone while on a hike. Portrait mode…

Read More..

Fusor Art

Took an artistic approach to the Atomic fusor project.

Read More..

Pentium processor 500X

Ever wonder what a CPU looks like under a microscope? We happen to have a 700lb Zeiss Axiomat massive microscope…

Read More..

Inside a Hard drive

Stuck a hard drive in my Axiomat scope ( more on that soon ) And here are the closeup results…

Read More..

Nature adventure

Just some fun out on a nice day with the camera.

Read More..

Meteorite up close

Placed a meteorite sample in my Axiomat!

Read More..

Power and water

When 50,000 Volts meets water, you can capture some amazing photos. An otherworldly experience to be sure!

Read More..

Zeiss DSLR Adapter

I needed a way to connected my DSLR camera to the old Zeiss Axiomat for better imaging. Here was the…

Read More..

Zeiss Axiomat

Take a look inside one of the best optical microscopes ever built, including today! This was before electronic correction. So…

Read More..

Cabin in the woods 2020

Little vacation getaway.

Read More..

Lightning and water

At the point where high voltage meets water interesting things happen!

Read More..

Carrie furnace at night

A night trip into the cool world of an old abandoned blast furnace turned art install.

Read More..

Electric flame?

Read More..

Plasma Vacuum art

Read More..

Old Farm Photos

Read More..

SEMA Show 2010 Photos

Read More..

CARLISLE ALL TRUCK 2010

https://youtu.be/EYfmIApCMZY

Read More..